CHURCH COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER FOR HIRE
Considering hiring a part-time communications manager to your church staff? Here are a few things to consider first. There might be a better way!
Is your church looking to hire a part-time church communications manager? You’re getting to the point where you’re ready to improve your online presence through social media, your website, and regular emails to your church and more. You want to reach more people, but money is always an issue.
Should you hire a church communications manager to staff? Maybe it makes more sense to contract an outside church communications manager?
Let’s look at the options.
What You’ll Need for a Staff Church Communications Manager
When small churches get to the point of wanting to hire a church communications manager they often forget about all the things that go along with that position to allow them to be successful. Here are a few things you’ll need or should consider when bringing on a communications manager. Even on a part-time basis.
- Place to work – office or cubicle
- Computer that is powerful enough to run design, photo editing, and video editing software.
- Creative Software (Adobe Creative Suite – monthly subscription)
- Smartphone – or smartphone stipend – to allow them to keep an eye on social media and interact instantly with people who engage your church.
- DSLR Camera – Not a “have to.” Although, having hi-res images will make a huge impact on your social media presence. It also improves your ability to use photos in other promotional material.
- How many hours should this new employee work each week? Be realistic.
- How much will you pay them per hour? You get what you pay for!
- Will you offer any benefits?
- Don’t forget payroll taxes
- Cost of equipment and subscriptions listed above.
The cost of hiring someone on staff adds up fast. Especially if you want to hire someone that is skilled in both communications and creative design. You’re not likely to find that person for $10/hr, especially part-time.
So Why Not Contract a Church Communications Manager
There are pros and cons to contracting someone to manage your church communications. Let’s take a quick look at a few.
- Pay a set flat fee each month so you always know your expenses
- You are not responsible for creative software, computers, cameras, smartphones, or subscriptions. You save money!
- Pay no payroll taxes on top of an employee’s hourly pay
- You don’t have to have an office or cubicle for someone to work
- Get a professional who’s skilled in communicating for churches and creative design. This at a price equal to or less than you’d pay for an on-site employee.
- Your church communications manager is not on-site on a weekly or daily basis
- Anything else?
We understand that you might be hesitant about not having your communications manager on-site. Yet, our clients will tell you, it’s not a big deal. We promise to always be reachable and to respond to you within 1 business day. Always.
Are you willing to consider hiring an outside church communications manager?
It’s at least worth a conversation, right? Give us a call at 317-442-4043 or fill out the form below and let’s talk. Take a look at the wide range of services we offer our clients. We would love to help your church better reach your community and even save you some money along the way.
We look forward to hearing from you soon!